Rosamond P. Haeberle Memorial Scholarship
- Must be a U.S. citizen and Michigan resident.
- Must have served on an active duty status in the U.S. Armed Forces (including service in the National Guard or in an active classification in a Reserve Component) for a minimum of six continuous months (180 days).
- Must be currently serving in the armed services or have received a separation from active duty under honorable conditions. The period of qualifying service will be verified. Current active duty and reserve service members should provide proof of enlistment or commissioning. Those who have been honorably discharged should supply an original or certified copy of the military discharge form commonly referred to as a DD214.
- Must be currently accepted to and/or enrolled in either a two-year or four-year accredited college or university, or a certification/degree program from an accredited technical/trade school in the State of Michigan.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 units) per semester for the duration of the award.
- Must have a cumulative high school or undergraduate GPA of 2.5.
The DAR of Michigan Scholarship Committee will award:
- At least one $1,500 scholarship annually, if funds are available.
- Scholarship dollars to be used for tuition, fees, books and expenses
Applications will be considered based on the following factors:
- Military service record
- Financial need
- Academic performance
- Potential to succeed in an academic environment
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community service
In order to complete the application packet, students must include to following materials:
- Primary application form (attached)
- One-page essay
- At least two (2) and not more than three (3) letters of recommendation. Whenever possible, at least one letter should be from a military supervisor holding a pay grade of E-6 or greater. Possible sources for a second letter could include a high school or college instructor, current or former employer, clergy member or representative from a service organization for which you volunteer.
- One page to list commendations, leadership positions and special considerations (optional)
- Financial Status Statement
- Certification signature
- College transcript (or high school transcript if just beginning college courses).
- Copy of DD214 (if applicable)
Applications will be accepted in January 2022.